'Computational Toolbox' Winterschool 2018
Winterschool 2018 in Engelberg (Central Switzerland)
Within the PhD-programme 'Computational Toolbox', our 5th winterschool has been scheduled for February 2018, combining again high-caliber computational sciences with snow-sport activities in a truly spectacular setting. Dates: February 14th (Wednesday) through 17th (Saturday), 2018. Individual extension for 1 day possible. The winterschool counts 2 ECTS in the PhD programme 'Computational Toolbox'.
We will be hosted again by the historical Benedictine Monastery of Engelberg. Room and full board is provided by Monastery. Lectures will be held in modern, fully equipped rooms within the Monastery in the morning and during late afternoon/evening. After lunch, there is time for snow-sport activities.
- "Virtual Reality in the Natural Sciences"
Invited Faculty and Guests:
- Prof. Ch. Wagner, Research-Center Jülich, Jülich (D)
- Prof. G. Glowacki, University of Bristol, Bristol (UK)
- Prof. M. Reiher, ETH Zürich, Zurich (CH)
- Prof. L. Witthaur, Uni Basel, Basel (CH)
- Prof. R. Garcia, Leibniz-Supercomputing-Center, Garching/Munich (D)
- Lectures in the morning and during late afternoon/evening
- Presentation of your own computational activities with focus on HPC projects
Snow-sport activities in the Engelberg area (a selection):
- Alpine-skiing / cross-country skiing / snowboarding / sledding
- Winter-hiking / Snow-shoe-walks