'Computational Toolbox' Winterschool 2017
Winterschool 2017 in Engelberg (Central Switzerland)
Within the PhD-programme 'Computational Toolbox', our 4th winterschool has been scheduled for February 2017, combining again high-caliber computational sciences with snow-sport activities in a truly spectacular setting. Dates: February 1st (Wednesday) through 4th (Saturday), 2017. Individual extension for 1 day possible. The winterschool counts 2 ECTS in the PhD programme 'Computational Toolbox'.
We will be hosted again by the historical Benedictine Monastery of Engelberg. Room and full board is provided by Monastery. Lectures will be held in modern, fully equipped rooms within the Monastery in the morning and during late afternoon/evening. After lunch, there is time for snow-sport activities.
- "Multiscale and Coarse Grained Simulations"
Invited Faculty and Guests:
- Prof. R. Böckmann, Computational Biology, University of Nürnberg-Erlangen (D)
- Prof. F. Müller-Plathe, Theoretical Chemistry, TU Darmstadt (D)
- Dr. T. Bereau, Max-Planck-Institut for Plymer Research, Mainz (D)
- Dr. Christian Kramer, Computer-Aided-Drug-Design, Roche Basel (CH)
- Dr. Dirk Bakowies, Physical Chemistry, University of Basel (CH)
- Lectures in the morning and during late afternoon/evening
- Presentation of your own computational activities with focus on HPC projects
Snow-sport activities in the Engelberg area (a selection):
- Alpine-skiing / cross-country skiing / snowboarding / sledding
- Winter-hiking / Snow-shoe-walks